Friday, October 12, 2012

SPOOKTACULAR SHADOW BOX

Decorating for the holidays has always been something that I look forward to doing.  One decoration that I have always wanted to make was a shadow box scene. I love how shadow boxes are a three dimensional wall decorations that stand out so much more than a regular wall hanging. And the best part? You get to use your creative side!

Shadow boxes are relatively inexpensive and come in a variety of sizes. I picked up a 4-pack of 5x7 shadow boxes for $10 on sale at Michaels. Another great thing about this craft is that your can use almost anything in them to create your look. I just walked around Michaels looking for anything that caught my eye. This Haunted House themed shadow box was my first creation and I love how it turned out!

For the background, I used a heavy piece of black cardstock and attached haunted house/graveyard themed scrapbook embellishments to it. I also found a scrapbook embellishment that said "Happy Halloween" and attached it against the glass. While walking through Michaels' halloween section, I came across a package of small glittery orange balls. I thought these would be perfect to place in the shadow box to give my scene it's three dimensional look. My husband says they look like pumpkins in the yard. I really love how this turned out and plan on making another Halloween themed shadow box soon. This was an incredibly easy decoration to make and only cost about $7 to make! 

No comments:

Post a Comment