Sunday, September 30, 2012

DIY WOODEN "BOO" DECORATION

Back a few years ago I was big into scrapbooking and would purchase scrapbooking supplies almost every time I went to the store. This left me with a TON of unused scrapbook paper and supplies that are just waiting for a purpose. The other day while I was organizing my crafting supplies I came across the bin with all my scrapbook paper in it. As I was looking through it, I came across some really cute Halloween papers. I decided to use the paper to cover some wooden letters and make a crafty little Halloween decoration.

WHAT YOU NEED:
*Wooden letters
*Mod Podge
*Scrapbooking paper
*Black craft paint (not pictured) Or any color you want.

WHAT YOU DO:
First, take your wooden letters and placing them backwards onto the back of the scrapbooking paper, trace around each letter with a pencil. Cut out.  Next, paint the sides (inside and outside) of wooden letters with black paint. Let dry.

Once paint is dry, place paper letters on top of wooden letters and apply a thin coat of Mod Podge over the paper and the sides of the wooden letters. Let dry for approx. 15-20 minutes before adding another thin coat. Let dry overnight.



Now you have cute easy decorated letters that can displayed so many different ways. Set them on a shelf or connect them with a cute ribbon to make a spooky wall hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment